Sunday, 2 November 2008
The perfect end to a weekend
I've just watched my recording of the Burt Bacharach concert as part of the BBC Electric Proms season. (Either ask your parents or check out the red interactive button for highlights if you need to know who he is) The man is a genius and I couldn't help reflecting (see what I did there?) as I was watching that he defined the cinematic sound of the sixties and seventies. A guilty pleasure but a treat nonetheless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Last Night in Soho offers vintage chills in fine style
The past, as L.P. Hartley reminds us, is a foreign country where they do things differently. Yet we are often inexorably drawn to it in th...
-
In his inestimable book Adventures in the Screen Trade , the recently deceased screenwriter William Goldman recalls a studio executive...
-
The visually stunning Everest takes a genre that tends towards macho excess – like Cliffhanger , for example – and lends it an air o...
-
In his excellent book on the rise of HBO drama, Difficult Men , Brett Martin suggests that Davd Chase was never entirely satisfied with Th...
-
If you had to pick a defining sequence for Aaron Sorkin’s work it would probably be the first eight minutes of the first episode of The ...
-
Greyhound is an old-fashioned movie and I mean that in the best sense of the term. In another lifetime it might have been an MGM movie t...
No comments:
Post a Comment