Thursday 30 October 2008

Be careful what you wish for...

...because you might get it, as the old saying goes. 

I have always wanted students who were engaged, articulate and involved with their own learning (of course it goes without saying that if any former students are reading this, you are still my favourites). Who knew that I would have to read so many blogs!!! Actually it is a real pleasure I think, without being patronising, that for some students this is the first time they have had to engage critically with a film and think about why they feel the way they do. It is a joy to watch them express themselves and to take that huge leap and do it on a public (ish) forum.

As for me, personal business has curtailed my viewing lately but I have become fascinated in a horrified kind of way with the Ross/Brand farago. I look forward to taking the temperature of the student opinion; I suspect my view may be tainted by my age so it will be interesting to see how other, younger minds think.

And, if I get the time, I have three episodes of Spooks to catch up on. Perhaps I'll save them for tomorrow, it being Halloween.

No comments:

Last Night in Soho offers vintage chills in fine style

The past, as L.P. Hartley reminds us, is a foreign country where they do things differently. Yet we are often inexorably drawn to it in th...